As a partner in the European research network ERASysAPP, SystemsX.ch has participated in two transnational calls for proposals. The goal of these joint calls was to improve the coordination of systems biology research, and to foster scientific exchange across national borders. In order to strengthen international collaboration, only projects involving researchers from at least three of the participating ERASysAPP countries were eligible for funding.
Twelve projects were approved as a result of the first and second transnational ERASysAPP calls. Six of these twelve projects involve Swiss research groups, to which SystemsX.ch has contributed a total of CHF 2.34 million.
Alongside the first call for proposals, the project FAIRDOM was initiated. This project promotes the exchange and long-term use of systems biology data and models at a European level. It provides support for projects funded by ERASysAPP as well as others. SystemsX.ch has contributed CHF 750,000 towards FAIRDOM.
International Projects Approved in 2015
International Projects Approved in 2014
- SysMilk – Designer microbial communities for fermented milk products: a systems biology approach
- SysMetEx – Systems biology of acidophile biofilms for efficient metal extraction
- SysVirDrug – Translating systems virology data into broad-spectrum antiviral drugs
- MetApp – Systems biology of bacterial methylotrophy for biotechnological products from methanol
- FAIRDOM – Next generation of data and model management services in Europe