ERASysAPP - Second Joint Call for Proposals
ERASysAPP, the ERA-Net for Applied Systems Biology Research, is launching its second joint call for project proposals. This transnational call focuses on “Further Transfer of Systems Biology Knowledge into Applications”, and aims to encourage scientists from ten participating countries to collaborate and share resources beyond national boundaries.
The main conditions for interested systems biology researchers are:
- A focus on application-oriented research approaches.
- The research must address microorganisms, plants and/or animals within the area of life sciences and biotechnology, and tackle biological and physiological processes. This call excludes human health and medical research as topic. In addition, clinical trials may not be included in the proposals in this call.
- For the purpose of the 2nd ERASysAPP call, nine scientific systems biology fields have been identified. Each application must cover at least one of these thematic fields: Utilizing enzymatic diversity of organisms from different realms populating different (extreme) Habitats; Identification and utilization of the metabolic potentials from genomic data sets; Mapping and exploitation of cellular processes and metabolic capacities for bioproduction purposes, exploiting systems biology approaches; Recombinant biosynthesis of fine chemical and valuable substances; Investigation of regulatory mechanisms in intra- and intercellular processes (e.g. epigenomic, proteomic and population dynamics); Exploration, investigation and use of new production platforms for biotechnology; Efficacy of plant, microorganism and animal primary production; Development of new computational methods for systems biology; Development of new methodological approaches for systems biology.
- Only international research consortia consisting of a minimum of three and a maximum of six research groups from at least three different participating ERASysAPP countries can apply.
- Regulations defined in the National Annexes of the participating countries need to be met. For Switzerland, SystemsX.ch has granted a maximum budget of EUR 500,000 for this call. Swiss research groups may apply for up to EUR 250,000 per project proposal. Only academic groups can be supported with these funds. Public-private partnerships are welcome, but private partners will need to secure their own funding. Research groups which already received funding under the first joint ERASysAPP call are not eligible to apply.
Participating countries are Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Sweden and Switzerland.
The submission deadline for proposals is January 14, 2015.
More information and to download call documents»